Thursday 14 November 2013

Rimmel London ¦ Wake me up ¦ Foundation Review

This foundation has been on my review list since the Summer! So I apologize for it only just being done for you guys!!

A few of the Rimmel London foundations I have used in the past, I haven't been overly impressed with, just the consistency, and shade range was never pale enough for my skin tone. However I was pleasantly surprised with this foundation.


In the bottle the foundation looks like it has a shimmery tone to it, and when on the hand it has a slightly gloopy, thick consistency, but on the skin it actually gives a radiant glow and fresh faces look!

The shimmer to me isn't an issue at all, it doesn't show up at all or seem noticeable unless under very strong lighting, but again I didn't seem to find it an issue.

I am not one for using a lot of foundation when applying to my skin, however with this to build a medium coverage you do need a good pump or 2 to cover your face. And once it's on you can tell your wearing it, it's not like some foundation's where it then feels like your not wearing anything!

But that said it is a lovely dewy "summer" foundation and gives a lovely glowing natural look, I have dry skin and I found it quite moisturizing... rather than it "hugging" my dry patches it seemed to sit nicely all over.

This foundation as been compared to one of my favorite high end foundations.. Chanel Vitalumiere, and I would say at £8.99 it is a dupe, this has been said throughout the beauty blogging community a lot this year, and I have to agree! It beats most other high street foundation brands.

Shade range isn't great, as ever with Rimmel, however I actually found Ivory fit quite well with my skin tone for once! .... horayy 

What are your thoughts on this foundation? Leave a comment below.

See you all next time with a review on the Rimmel Wake me up concealer!!



No comments:

Post a Comment