Monday 19 August 2013

MUA ¦ New Blusher's ¦ Review

Today's review for MUA cosmetics is on their new blusher's not just the new shades but the new packaging!


Their are 6 new shades to the collection, shade names are: Marshmallow (Pink), Bon Bon (Apricot), Lolly (Soft Orange), Cupcake (Soft Peach), Candyfloss (Pink Shimmer) & Bubblegum (Coral Rose Pink).

I have got 4 of the new blushers, I picked, marshmellow, cupcake, candyfloss and lolly. 



Here are some swatches of the colours, not blended

 (L-R) Cupcake, Lolly, Candyfloss and Marshmallow

and this next pictures is the blushes blended out
again as above. 

The packaging is a lot nicer than the previous more chunky packaging, it's a lot slimmer, with a nice clip to close securely. Their is not less product than the old blusher, its still the 2.4g. The lid is transparent as before, so you can easily see the shades you have. Even better though the shades now have names not numbers! I have to say I happen to think the shade names are actually really cute and well suited. 

The shades are highly pigmented again, so again no let down their! Each of the shades is super soft and velvety. They all blend amazingly well and a little goes a long way. And again for £1.00 per item you really can't complain?! Whats not to love. 

Here is how I would describe each of the colours I have chosen; 

Cupcake I would describe this shade as having a slight shimmer to it. It is a very neutral colour, with peachy/flesh under tones.

so the picture doesn't show the colour very well at all.

Lolly is again slightly shimmery. It is a beautiful coral tone, I don't really want to say orange as I picture orange and I think of something that's been tango'd! If I'd have brought it sooner it would have certainly been a gorgeous summer blush.



Candyfloss again a shimmery blush, i'd say a lot more shimmery than the other 2 blushes I have. But it is a lovely subtle tone of pinky/purple almost, it is perfect for the up coming autumn/fall. This product really does need the smallest amount of product and when blended leaves a gorgeous warming colour to the apples of the cheeks.



and finally marshmallow, this is the only matte shade I have picked up, it is a bright neon pink, which can look slightly over whelming and "wow" on the shelf. But again when blended it doesn't look to strong at all. I have pale skin and I can pull it off!!



Overall I love these blushes, they are definitely my favorite blush products at the moment, they have taken place over my rimmel blushes.

I will certainly be purchasing the rest of these blushes!!

What are your thoughts on these products??

My previous MUA blog review

Love Sara


No comments:

Post a Comment