Monday 19 March 2012

Bake a Cake

For Mother's Day I baked myself, and my Mom a Victoria Sponge Cake, Classic and Simple, yet delicious. Here's how I made it, and what you'll need :)

So you will need:
225g (8oz) Softened butter.. I used Stork which is perfect for baking cakes
225g (8oz) Caster Sugar
4 Large Eggs
225g (8oz) Self - Raising Flour
2 Level teaspoons of Baking powder
The Strawberry or Raspberry Jam for the filling... And some cream if you like!
and then icing sugar for dusting

Preheat the oven at 180c/Fan 160c/Gas 4
So the instructions that I have say that you are meant to put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour and baking powder into the mixing bowl all at once, for the first cake I did do this, but I found just mixing the butter and sugar first makes sure the mixture is smooth for the flour, eggs and baking powder to be adding :) 



So Once all the mixture is mixed together, grease a cake tin, preferably round! And pour the mixture in. Put into the preheated oven, and bake for 25minutes or until well risen and the tops of the cake spring back when lightly pressed with a finger. 

Once cooked.... Enjoy!

The first cake, didn't quite rise very well as I opened the oven too soon.. oops. So we got creative and halved the cake to make a half moon shape and stuck it on top of the other :) .. Seen as it was just for my Mom and Dad to enjoy they didn't mind as my Mom always bakes on Weekends!!  


For my cake my partner Richard cut mine into "mom" which I thought was very cute :) My First Mothers Day Cake :)


Happy Baking

Love Sara xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment