Thursday 22 May 2014

Whats In My ¦ MAC Palette ¦

Long awaited for a few of you and I'm quite excited to be sharing with you whats inside my MAC Palette. I am in love with my palette, so I am so happy to be sharing it with you all!


My MAC Palette isn't full just yet, I do however only have 4 more shadows till it is, with a list of about 20 eye shadow I would love. So I want to ask you guys to share with me your suggestions as to what you think I should get next? So let me know in the comments below. Now on with whats in that bad boy! 


Here is an overview of the palette as you can see I only have 2 quite "daring" or daring for me at least, eye shadows. The others are more neutral. So lets get started on whats, what!



The first three shades in the palette, are Shroom, Brule and Vanilla. 

Shroom is a frosted, metallic almost white shadow. Beautiful as a highlighter for the inner corners of the eyes or a base. Although its not as smooth in texture as Brule. 

Brule is my a gorgeous matte silky cream shadow. I love using this as a base all over the lid, to give a neutral undertone color for when applying other shadows on top.

Vanilla, is an amazing shadow for highlighting the brow bone, cheeks and inner corners of the eyes. It is slightly shimmery but not to heavily shimmered, it could almost pass as matte on the first glimpse. Again it isn't as silky in texture as Brule.



Patina and Mulch are my go to neutral smokey eye for the day time combination. I love them. 

Patina is a taupe brown, with a gold/bronze shimmer. It is silky in texture and smooth feeling to touch.

Mulch is a gorgeous hazel, mahogany brown. Again frosted with gold flex's. With a nice deep pigmentation.


                            



Above are some of my favorite colors in the palette, Naked Lunch, Quarry and Sketch.

Naked lunch, is one of the first shadows I got for the palette, may have even been another that my partner Rich has got for me. It's a nice pale pink with white undertones and again it's a frosted shadow. 

Quarry is my next matte shadow but not the last, seems I've realized most my shadows seem to be frosted or shimmery. It's a nice calm, i'd say fairly neutral Lilac/mauve shadow. Again just ask silky in texture as the Brule eye shadow. Which I find makes them easy to blend. Quarry is also beautifully pigmented. 

Sketch is a deep aubergine shadow, with purple flecks of shimmer in it, as shown rather well in the picture above. It is nicely pigmented, not overly dark or over powering when applied, very build-able in color.




Finally the last three. Carbon, Cranberry and Humid. 

Carbon is the last matte shadow I have in my palette, and ideally I use it for lining my top lash line to give the appearance of thicker lashes. Or I use it over liquid liner to help set it and take away any shine. I was surprised that this shadow isn't too heavily pigmented, it can be if with a light hand be applied quite sheet and light. 

Cranberry, Is a gorgeous and one of my more daring shadows. It's a beautiful shimmer/metallic red with pinky undertones. and applies beautifully, and incredibly build-able. So if your thinking oh my god i'd never wear that. Don't knock it till you try it! 

Humid is my favorite shadow for fall/autumn. It's a deep emerald green. again as all the rest of my shadows it is frosted. 



Sorry these swatches aren't the great of Carbon, Cranberry and Humid. 



                                                     Whats in your MAC Palette? 








No comments:

Post a Comment