Friday 30 August 2013

Benefit Cosmetics ¦The Rich is Back¦ Review

Hey everyone hope your having a good day!
I purchased the Benefit cosmetics the rich is back palette a while ago and now I am finally happy to be posting my thoughts on the palette, and hopefully shortly after a tutorial which you can find by clicking here

Benefit collaborated with British designer fashion designer Matthew Williamson for this limited edition eye palette. Quoted on the back Matthew Williamson states "This is high-octane makeup for dressing up to look fabulous & dance the night away" The pack also says that it will flash you back to the glamorous days of disco with rich, seductive shades inspired Matthew Williamson's vibrant prints. Its modern decadence.



I love the packaging for a start, Its so vibrant and fun! 


So inside the pack as you open it their is a tips and tricks leaflet.  


Their are 4 tips, from eyes how to use the eye shadow, in what order.


Tip 2 is mascara, tip 3 cheeks and tip 4 lips!



Then we go inside the pack, their is a clear sheet with all the names of the products etc.
But inside it contacts 4 eye shadows, a they're Real! mascara, inferno lip gloss and blusher and brush

The inner tray does lift out as well so the box itself can we used again once the you have used to products up. 



The eye shadows are called.
  (top L-R Get down brown, Feel so teal bottom L-R solid gold and feel so teal)


Here are the shadows swatches on my arm, they are amazingly pigmented, and highly shimmery, the white highlight colour is quite sheer. however as a highlight it is perfect in my opinion. 



Here is a swatch of the blush called gimme fever, and the lipgloss on the right, as you can see the blush is quite sheer again. It's peachy golden in shade with some shimmer. I wouldn't rely on the blush given in the pack as the only product to use on it own. I would get another blush product to add to your cheeks too.
The lip gloss is not sticky like some lip glosses you can get! Which I love as lip gloss is something I am trying to re-love, like I once did in my school hay days! The colour is build able so you can go for a sheer red tint to the lips of build it up with more product. 



The mascara is amazing, it has been raved about by my beauty bloggers. This was the first time I have tried the product and I love it. I think I will certainly be getting the full size product! It gives the eyes a very polished finished look, with the volume the mascara gives the lashes! Some mascara's can be very heavy on the lashes if built up a lot however with this one I don't find it pulls my lashes down at all. 


Here's the look I created with the palette. 



 I hope you guys have enjoyed this blog. I do like the palette, and I certainly think this will be my next look for "date night" :) Let me know if you guys have used this palette.





No comments:

Post a Comment